Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change my tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have recently created tracking code for mobile application that I am about to implement GA into, but suddenly I see in my reports tens of users already using my app (it is not on app store yet, still under development). I assume someone is accidentally using my tracking code in his application/website but I do not see any way to identify who or what or where :-)

So my only option is to change the tracking code for my app, is there a sensible way to do that?

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakub L
August 2016

Re: Change my tracking code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jakub,

What you're seeing is Google Analytics spam. The traffic is not sent from your app but spammers are sending hits to random Google Analytics properties using the measurement protocol. Please check the article below about Analytics spam and what you can do against it.
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jakub L
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jakub,

What you're seeing is Google Analytics spam. The traffic is not sent from your app but spammers are sending hits to random Google Analytics properties using the measurement protocol. Please check the article below about Analytics spam and what you can do against it.
http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/
Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arnold!