Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change/alter search words for website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently took charge of an AdWords campaign for a website.

However, it seems as though the website never appears no matter which search word I google.

Before I contact management, I would like to get it clear: Who is in charge of the search engine; the webmaster only or can I get access somehow?

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change/alter search words for website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Anders,
In charge of the search engine? Not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?
If you're looking for the person who manages the AdWords account, well, that's up to whoever pays the bill to decide. Whoever has the access to AdWords is the one who controls it. Pretty straightforward really.

I'd advise you to use this troubleshooter before contacting support (as they'll refer you to it).
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en

Re: Change/alter search words for website

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anders
Do you know whether you are searching for words that you are buying ads for?
As that is the only way an ad will appear.
If you have access to either your Google Analytics or Google AdWords account then you will be able to see what keywords/search queries you are bidding on and that should answer your question. Access is by login to Google AdWords with a gmail account.
As Dave said - follow the money if you are running ads someone must be paying for them.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond