Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change First View in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

When you first open your google analytics your top view is the one the account defaults to showing data on. My top view is not the main data I want displaying. I have my default view set to my second view (with filtered IPs). Is there a way to swap the two views or have google analytics automatically display the second view for all users? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change First View in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Unfortunately i dont think you can do that.

If a particular View is set as the default View in the Property Settings, then I think it then opens that one when navigating to that property in the interface.

Failing that, if you have them mark a particular View as a favorite, it can then be accessed very quickly via the favourites tab

fav-view.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ariel, 

I had the same problem and solved it with a browser bookmarks for my main view Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I also often use bookmarks @David Hermann
the only downside i have found to them so far is that one always has to remember to adjust the date range of the report being viewed coz it bookmarks it to the date range that was set at that time

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Bronwyn Vtotally agree with you. Thats the reason I´ve become a huge fan of daterange keyboard shortcuts:

dm = last month

d30 = last 30 days

dt = today

dy = yesterday

dw = last week

d7 = last 7 day

Shift7: List all keyboard shortcut

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The one I have marked as default view and is favorited isn't opening as the main one. Which is annoying. Unfortunately bookmarking it and having to change the date really isn't a better solution either. 

Oh well. Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.