Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change Analytics email address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

I've had a GA account for several years for my business, under a company email address and I would receive all GA emails, notifications, and daily analytics emails there.

Then a few weeks ago, I created a Gmail address for that account to try out Gmail. Little known to me, that switched all the email notifications, daily analytics reports, etc., and they now go to the new Gmail address. It switched everything for my Google account for my business to the new Gmail account. I don't want this.

I have searched everywhere, tried everything, and I cannot get my GA emails to go to my real business email address. In my GA account, all it lists is the new Gmail email address. When I try to add my business email as another Admin to try and fix this, it says that email is already listed...but I can find nowhere to switch to this email address. 

Even when I sign into Google or Gmail with my business email address, it defaults back to the new Gmail address. It's like I'm trapped using the Gmail address. 

I don't use Gmail, but now I'm forced to in order to retrieve analytics and other emails. How the heck do I fix this?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James S :-)

When a gmail is added as a service to a google account, the gmail addy then becomes the google account login.

You can delete the gmail account.
but.. 
I have no idea how that will affect your access to analytics and other google services that use an email address for access.
** I dont know if once the gmail address is deleted and you have selected the 'new' email address, if they will recognize and revert to the 'new' email address for logging into those services.
You may want to make sure there is some other method of admin access via a different email account before trying to delete the gmail account

Scroll down this page to method two, for instructions on how to delete just the gmail address
http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-a-Google-or-Gmail-Account#Delete_Only_Your_Gmail_Email_Address_sub

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn. I looked over the link you sent, but it really doesn't address my question. I'm trying to find a way to tell GA to email notifications and GA reports to my business email address, not my new Gmail address.  

In my GA account, all it lists is the new Gmail email address. When I try to add my business email address as another Admin to try and fix this, it says that email is already listed (it was the original email address used for the GA account for years, before I created the Gmail account). I can find nowhere else to switch to my business email address.

As it is now, I have to check my Gmail account just to see any notifications or GA reports daily, when I'd rather it send them to my business email address.

Thank you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, I created a gmail account from my business account, and it kind of overrod my business account ...

Did you by any chance solve the problem Smiley Happy ?

Many Thanks, 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry for the late response to your question. No...haven't found a solution yet. Google also screwed up my personal G+ page too. Had that account for years using my ISP email address...then a few weeks ago, added a Gmail account...and Google created a whole new page for me and now I can't access my previous page although it still exists and I can see it. This is such a joke and no one has an answer for either problem or is avoiding it.