Analytics
4.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Change Access/Ownership of Analytics Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I'm track data from a few sites for a couple of different organizations using Google Analytics. I need to switch over the accounts and I don't want to lose the data we have already collected for each site. Any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks,

Allan

Re: Change Access/Ownership of Analytics Account

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi allan,

You won't lose your data if you are just transferring the ownership of the account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response, Sikoursky. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I will be closing down my email account and need to switch ownership/access to a colleague's gmail account and I could not find how to do so. Is this possible and can you point me in the direction?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Allan G
June 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Allan,

Sure np, Go to Admin > Account > User Management > Add the user e-mail that is registered with Google accounts and give that email the following permissions by checking the boxes Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read & Analyze

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'll be sure to test that out - thanks so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar situation... Only my colleague has left our office and is not available. I have the tracking ID used to create the analytics, but I'm not sure of what gmail address was used.... Any thoughts?