Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot scroll down in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Please can you urgently help.

I am using Chrome, and from today, 1st May 2016, I cannot scroll down to view the data as there is no scroll down bar at all, and my mouse also does not scroll down. 

The scroll bar does work when viewing other websites, it is only when I am logged into Google Analytics where this issue occurs. 

Microsoft recently forced my PC to upgrade to Windows 10, so not sure if this could be related.

I have restarted my PC, Refreshed the page, closed and opened chrome numerous times, but it is not working. 

Please could someone urgently help as I have reporting to do and I cannot find the information I need in Analytics because of this issue.

Much appreciated,

Stuart

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stuart B
May 2016

Re: Cannot scroll down in Analytics

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Stuart, I started to having this issue today cleaning the cache and cookies worked for a while. I tested in other browsers, Firefox and Edge and the same problem persists so it probably is a Google Analytics bug.

Until it is fixed this is what worked for me. Open your Google Analytics account on the Home tab and instead of opening directly the view right-click on it and select to open in a new window. This way the new window will show a scrollbar even if the previous one don't.

If you can't see the view on the home tab because your list is too long zoom out or use the search box at the top right corner.

Hope that helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Is your version of Chrome up to date?
Have you logged out and cleared all chrome browser cookies and browser cache?
Is the browser zoom at 100% when logged into GA?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

N/A
# 3
N/A
Hi Stuart, i had the same this evening. I got my scroll bars back by not using my normal bookmark, but just go to: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/ and then i was able to browse through my normal account and scrolling

KR. Michiel
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stuart B
May 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Stuart, I started to having this issue today cleaning the cache and cookies worked for a while. I tested in other browsers, Firefox and Edge and the same problem persists so it probably is a Google Analytics bug.

Until it is fixed this is what worked for me. Open your Google Analytics account on the Home tab and instead of opening directly the view right-click on it and select to open in a new window. This way the new window will show a scrollbar even if the previous one don't.

If you can't see the view on the home tab because your list is too long zoom out or use the search box at the top right corner.

Hope that helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi All,
Thank you, yes opening in another Tab worked for me!
Thanks so much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the same problem. The scrolling does work in Internet Explorer. I have not tried the new window tactic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great Carlos! I was just searching about a solution an I have found yours. As always, your response is the best. Thanks and regards!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Perfect! I'm using Firefox 47.0b3 on a Macbook and my scrollbar disappeared. I used the arrow key but that got annoying. I saw this post, tried it, and yes! it worked. It should still work like it did but this solution did the trick. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

LOL, What kind of advice are you people giving?

"Open your Google Analytics account on the Home tab and instead of opening directly the view right-click on it and select to open in a new window. This way the new window will show a scrollbar even if the previous one don't."

That don't work for me on Chrome or K-Meleon browser (among other browsers) and the arrow key don't work and its been over two weeks and the scroll bar issue still remains broken!! And it only occurs with Analytics.

Does Google even bother reading these replies? If so then how on earth can it take over two weeks for them to sort-out a simple scroll-bar loading issue?

Cannot scroll down in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi Zoom out your Google Chrome browser, I've done it