Analytics
6.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot log in to Google Analytics using my normal gmail/analytics login. It says "You need a Google for Work account to login". Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

by any change have you migrated to Google Apps recently?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Re: Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, this is a brand new gmail account. The only thing I have used it for is Google Analytics. On one system, I can log right in and get to the GA dashboard. However, on another system, I try to log in to the account and it gives me the Google for Work message.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

and system do you mean like home/office or some 3rd party tool?

--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another network at another office. I'm using Chrome on a Mac in one office, and the other office is PC. I'm not sure what browser. We opened this account for a client and they cannot log into their analytics using the gmail and password we established without getting this Google for Work message.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hmm,

Do you have Manage Users privileges to this account?

Can you go and take a look on the Admin side Account settings and Users. Does anything look funky in there?

--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the Google Analytics account settings.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCW2
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Can you add another user to the account and test the login again?

--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This did it! Thanks for all your help!