Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot log in to Google Analytics using my normal gmail/analytics login. It says "You need a Google for Work account to login". Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCW2
June 2016

Re: Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Can you add another user to the account and test the login again?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

View solution in original post

Re: Cannot log in to Google Analytics - says "You need a Google for Work account to login"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

by any change have you migrated to Google Apps recently?
--

Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, this is a brand new gmail account. The only thing I have used it for is Google Analytics. On one system, I can log right in and get to the GA dashboard. However, on another system, I try to log in to the account and it gives me the Google for Work message.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

and system do you mean like home/office or some 3rd party tool?
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Another network at another office. I'm using Chrome on a Mac in one office, and the other office is PC. I'm not sure what browser. We opened this account for a client and they cannot log into their analytics using the gmail and password we established without getting this Google for Work message.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hmm,

Do you have Manage Users privileges to this account?

Can you go and take a look on the Admin side Account settings and Users. Does anything look funky in there?
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the Google Analytics account settings.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCW2
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Can you add another user to the account and test the login again?
--

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This did it! Thanks for all your help!