Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot edit analytics accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am building a new version of a site and just went into analytics to get the tracking code and I can't access the account (domain) in question.

I can log into google fine but I cannot reach the tracking info stuff for that domain.

Everything is grayed out.  I have another domain account which is fine.

Property settings are not available.

Analytics is working for the old web site.

Can anyone explain why this is so?

thanks

Gus

See this:

analytics-no-tracking.jpg

Re: Cannot edit analytics accounts

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Angus,
You don't have edit level permission that is why everythig is grayed out. Get Admin level permission first then you will be able to make any change/changes in GA account.

Hope ths helps.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks

I figured it was something like that. Problem is that I thought I was the admin for this account.
I went to the google console and logged in as the admin user and checked permissions.
I have two users:

admin@mydomain.com
gus@mydomain.com

They appear to both have the role "super admin".

If I log into analytics as "admin@mydomain.com" then it asks me if I want to sign up. So there is no analytics set up for that user.
If I log in as "gus@mydomain.com" then I see the analytics console and I can edit other accounts but NOT the www.flicka20.com one.

I can't see how I can give myself permissions to edit an account I created myself?

Confused. Can you help?

thanks
Gus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got fed up and did "Remove myself from account" and created a new property and it all seems fine.

I have had that set up since about 2008 and I have no idea what was going on with it.

The new setup seems fine.