Analytics
4.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot access Google Analytics - asked to re-register but I don't want to loose my data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

***Please respond***Urgent help needed***

Hello, 

I am trying to log onto my Google Analytics account however it wants me to re-registers. I don't want to loose all the data from my website by setting up a new account. Please can you let me know why it is wont let me log in and if setting up a new account will delete my previous data?

google analytics image.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cannot access Google Analytics - asked to re-register but I don't want to loose my data

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Try this link and click on the Sign In button. If you're logged in on Chrome, be aware that these credentials will be taken into account, so be sure to be using the Google credentials used for GA in order to access it. 

https://www.google.com/analytics/#?modal_active=none

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Thank you for getting back to me. 

I have logged out of Chrome and then clicked the link, typed in my credentials to log in and it still appears wit the same sign up screen. 

If I sign up will I loose my data?

Thanks, 

Grace 

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I can't see why you should lose your data. But I believe the page URL in the above screenshot is old. I'd try to clear the cache and give it another go.

Again, make sure you're using the correct login details. Are you an account Admin, by the way? Could you have been removed by someone else? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have just cleared all my history, cookies and cache from the beginning of time and it is still showing the same screenshot, I have even tried it on another computer that I haven't logged in on before and its doing the same thing. 

I have checked and that is the admin profile for our account so it couldn't have changed. Do you have any other ideas as to why I would need to re-register please?

Thanks,

Grace 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why on earth do you make it so difficult to register with G-analytics?

I have tried and tried through wordpress to register my website: electrosparkles.com 

But it is quite impossible, despite having a google account:  a box comes up for me to tick "accept," which I did MANY TIMES.  There is another box beneath the first box, which is partly visible. Are you in the market to play MIND-GAMES?