Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Complete Search Console Integration to Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi people, 

I've recently noticed this issue trying to integrate Search Console data into Analytics reports.

I have full permissions for my properties and accounts, however, when I start the sharing process (from Analytics), Search Console says I do not have Edit permissions for the property I'm trying to link.

Search Console
You don't have Edit permissions to this Google Analytics property.

In these cases, I end up linking the Analytics property from Search Console instead. But for some properties, I get this error message in Search Console:

Hm. Something isn't right. We're checking into it now.
Please let us know in our Help Forum.

I haven't found any references to this issue anywhere else. So, I'm coming to you.

Thank you for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot Complete Search Console Integration to Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Israel,

I have seen that (the something isn't right error) from time to time when I add user A (whom already has edit access) as a site owner. In these cases I usually add the existing site owner as edit access and then have them complete (usually I already have access to that account as well).

I have never had the first problem you describe where I have edit access and it says I don't. That said, It's something I don't do everyday, just a few times a month.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn