Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can you hide or move unused properties to a different folder?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

We have a bunch of properties that are kept for historical data but we don't want them cluttering up our Analytics.

Is there a way to hide or move unused properties?

We have eight properties we'd like to hide.

Cheers

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CMSCSS
April 2016

Re: Can you hide or move unused properties to a different folder?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
on the Home tab in Analytics, you can click the star to the left of a row where an Account, Property or View is listed and then at the top of the table, click the Star icon to only display the starred items in the Home table
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks heaps Bronwyn but is there a way to filter all lists by the stars - like the right-hand dropdown? Cheers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Gday :-)
You mean the drop down to the right of your email addy?
Not as far as I know.. sorry.

Thanks
Bronwyn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Analytics-Academy/Property-Moving-between-Accounts-Now-Pos...

This self-promotional signature has been removed by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines. Repeated violations may result in suspension from the Advertiser Community.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @A T

Always great to see community members active and helping other community members. :-)

Pls keep in mind the Community Guidelines and avoid self promotion:
When you respond to others' questions, please do not request stars or ask other members to mark your reply with "Accept as Solution," since doing so amounts to self-promotion. These actions should be voluntary and not due to a request.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/Community-Guidelines/ba-p/475932