Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't sign into Analytics with Organizational Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up an analytics account a few years ago for a website I manage. I did this with an previous gmail address I don't really use much anymore. About a year ago, I registered for an organizational account, with a new gmail address. Now when I'm signed into my organizational account, and try to log into analytics with my new organization account, it won't let me sign in. I get the following message:

"Oops...
You're currently logged into your organizational account at XXX@websitename.com.
To access your existing Google Analytics account, please use the login XXX%XXXXXXXXXXX.com@gtempaccount.com and the same password.
Sign In"

The message is suggesting a temporary login, that:
  • is unusable since it has a percentage sign in it.
  • The sign in link goes to a 404 error page.
When I log into my analytics account created with my "old" gmail address, and i go into ADMIN > USER MANAGEMENT and I try to add my organizational account as a new user, I get the following error message:

"The specified account is being migrated. You may use this account instead: 
XXX%XXXXXXXXXXX.com@gtempaccount.com"

This is pretty frustrating as I want to begin linking up adwords campaigns with google analytics for this site, within my new organization account. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick :-)
Sound like there might possibly be some sort of account conflict or error happening re the temp account.
Since you already have an adwords account..they do offer limited support for analytics.
It would likely to be quickest to contact adwords support, they may have to do an account recovery or something similar. 
I have had them assist with linking adwords/analytics accounts in the past 

Thanks

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick C
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rick :-)
Sound like there might possibly be some sort of account conflict or error happening re the temp account.
Since you already have an adwords account..they do offer limited support for analytics.
It would likely to be quickest to contact adwords support, they may have to do an account recovery or something similar. 
I have had them assist with linking adwords/analytics accounts in the past 

Thanks

Bronwyn

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Turns out I had a conflict with an organization account and a personal account that both shared the same email address, and was preventing me from setting up an analytics account through my organizational account. I spent a bit of time on the phone with tech support, and the issue is resolved. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Happy to hear you were able to get it sorted out

Cheers

Bronwyn :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey!

I am facing the exact same issue here. Would you mind how you were able to fix this in the end? 

Please let me know, thanks!

Re: Can

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's been awhile, but I was able to find a phone number for google support, and after a few back and for the we were able to resolve.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Rick Cornett, UX Designer
www.rickcornett.com

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.