Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't see any users on the Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added the Google Analytics code to my site.  However I do not see any traffic reported.  I do see search traffic on the Google Search Console, but nothing shows up on the Analytics site.  Can you please help?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meeta A
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Install Google Tag Assistant, which will tell you if the tags are firing.

Check under Real Time reports - and at first, it is normal to see a delay, but after a while you should see the data flowing in right away.

If you can't see anything, send me a link to your site and I will have a quick look.

Optionally, you can install WASP, which provides more details about all the tags (not just GA). (disclaimer: I'm the original author of WASP, now owned by Cardinal Path, a GA partner)

There are other solutions to check your tags, like Observepoint and Hub'Sales. But for now, you just need to make sure your basic implementation is right.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Meeta A
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Install Google Tag Assistant, which will tell you if the tags are firing.

Check under Real Time reports - and at first, it is normal to see a delay, but after a while you should see the data flowing in right away.

If you can't see anything, send me a link to your site and I will have a quick look.

Optionally, you can install WASP, which provides more details about all the tags (not just GA). (disclaimer: I'm the original author of WASP, now owned by Cardinal Path, a GA partner)

There are other solutions to check your tags, like Observepoint and Hub'Sales. But for now, you just need to make sure your basic implementation is right.

Re: Can't see any users on the Google Analytics account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Meeta A,

You can check if your GA tag is working or not by using "Send test traffic" feature of Google Analytics.

Analytics.png

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Regards,

Vaibhav 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all for the response.  I can see the traffic showing now.  I think the code was not in the right place and hence I could not see the traffic before.