AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't remove user email address from analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After almost 2 hours of pulling out my hair, I found the solutions to this prob (for the latest plateform) :-

"the new email shows up correctly as the primary one. I also set up the new user as account administrator in Analytics. However, I can't remove the old administrator in the user manager (Delete is greyed out for the old user). Also, when I go to Analytics settings, the old email still shows up in "Email address" and all Analytics reports are using it as sender address. What can I do to change this?"

Go to Basic account settings, check this box:- (Technical support) RECOMMENDED

Let Google technical support representatives access your Google Analytics data and account when necessary to provide service and find solutions to technical issues.

Click save then, go back to manage users and you should now be able to edit/delete any user, hope this helps ;-)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't remove user email address from analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi NJD
That's an interesting solution and one that doesn't really make sense as to why it would work. Thanks for sharing!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi NJD,

I can't believe this worked... but this exactly solved the problem I was also pulling my hair out about.  Thank you so much!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This usually happens too when someone try to exclude permission in specific properties but the account has a set of permissions in the user management panel of the top level administrator account for the specific properties. You must edit the user permissions in the administrator level (owner) of the account then release the specific properties user permissions editing. Hope this help anybody.