Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't reinstall Google Analytics Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just starting with Google analytics & have wasted SO much time on what should be simple things it's frankly unbelievable.  Using an online tutorial I managed to set up a webmaster account & get tracking code for my site, but because I didn't know I also had to verify the site as a separate step I was stuck.

I tried what was recommended by Google to verify but my shopping cart software didn't like it & code was appearing across the top of my website pages.   I finally erased all the code & figured out how to verify my site. 

Now I have to restore the Google analytics tracking code but when I log in to the antique webmaster site & reenter all the info for my property for the billionth time & click on "get tracking code" I'm apparently supposed to accept the lengthy terms & conditions but that's impossible BECAUSE nowhere does an "accept" or other indication button appear & I CAN'T copy the tracking code for my site.  Instead io t's off on another wild goose chase which inevitably, frustratingly ends up where I started, on the antique site being unable to accept Google's terms & conditions!  HELP!  This process should NOT be so opaque & Kafkaesque..or should we start calling it "Google-esque?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda A
August 2016

Re: Can't reinstall Google Analytics Tracking Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you left click and drag the top of the modal window with the TOS in it, to resposition it a little in your browser, then you should be able to access the I Accept button below it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Can't reinstall Google Analytics Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are a savant. Worked like a charm. Kudos!!!!
I wrestled with it for DAYS trying to set up my site (yeah, I'm a tech idiot) but it's been overwhelming. You saved the day! Thanks!