Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't reinstall Google Analytics Tracking Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just starting with Google analytics & have wasted SO much time on what should be simple things it's frankly unbelievable.  Using an online tutorial I managed to set up a webmaster account & get tracking code for my site, but because I didn't know I also had to verify the site as a separate step I was stuck.

I tried what was recommended by Google to verify but my shopping cart software didn't like it & code was appearing across the top of my website pages.   I finally erased all the code & figured out how to verify my site. 

Now I have to restore the Google analytics tracking code but when I log in to the antique webmaster site & reenter all the info for my property for the billionth time & click on "get tracking code" I'm apparently supposed to accept the lengthy terms & conditions but that's impossible BECAUSE nowhere does an "accept" or other indication button appear & I CAN'T copy the tracking code for my site.  Instead io t's off on another wild goose chase which inevitably, frustratingly ends up where I started, on the antique site being unable to accept Google's terms & conditions!  HELP!  This process should NOT be so opaque & Kafkaesque..or should we start calling it "Google-esque?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda A
August 2016

Re: Can't reinstall Google Analytics Tracking Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you left click and drag the top of the modal window with the TOS in it, to resposition it a little in your browser, then you should be able to access the I Accept button below it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Linda A
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you left click and drag the top of the modal window with the TOS in it, to resposition it a little in your browser, then you should be able to access the I Accept button below it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are a savant. Worked like a charm. Kudos!!!!
I wrestled with it for DAYS trying to set up my site (yeah, I'm a tech idiot) but it's been overwhelming. You saved the day! Thanks!