Analytics
1.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't generate IOS plist configuration file

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I'm using this guide to add GA to IOS app https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/ios/v3/

When I click "Download configuration file" the page opened hangs.

As I see from html page source code it says: "Adding Analytics&cntapi=analytics' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'DENY'."

Did anyone has such problem?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Can't generate IOS plist configuration file

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Managed to solve but not in an normal way. I Installed "Ignore X-Frame headers" plugin for my browser and error disappeared.

Still there is no answer why this happens. The most strange fact is than I have two different google accounts and one of them gets this error but another doesn't using the same PC and browser for both.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was experiencing the same thing -- how I solved it:
At the same page where it was hanging, I signed out. I was prompted to sign in again and then it worked.

I had tried signing out before running the steps but it just stayed hanging as well. Plus I tried a bunch of other things, browsers, etc. For whatever reason, signing out and back in again is the only way it worked for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Experiencing this myself this morning. Neither X-Frame related plugin nor logging out/in again solve the issue for me. Also tried Safari in addition to Chrome. Found a note about X-Frame issue in their js code on Stack Overflow, but solutions there don't seem to help either. This is super frustrating, hope it gets fixed soon. In the meantime, someone posted a sample plist in the Stack Overflow thread (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34335815/cant-download-googleservice-info-plist-file), so I'll try putting one together manually.