Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't find "All Sessions" segment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am confused because my default segment is now "all users" instead of "all sessions". I cannot find

"all sessions" anywhere. When I want to add a segment "all sessions" is no longer available as a choice. I have not deleted any segments, I checked the history to make sure of this and indeed I have not done anything that should have the "all sessions" segment vanish from existence. Can someone help me please to get that segment back? Thanks so much 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't find "All Sessions" segment

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Avy :-)
I may be wrong but from what i can tell, its the same segment, it has simply been renamed to All Users

Bit like when they changed the name of Visitors to Users and Visits to Sessions.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought the same thing, however there is a distinct difference between the terms "user" and "sessions"

I also cant find the segment : "google properties" . I am following a course and I couldnt find it ...

any ideas?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Yes there is a difference between the terms user and sessions,
They do change things in the interface from time to time
I actually think it is less confusing as now in the Audience overview report.. you will note it is stating it is showing All Users - 100% Sessions
If you then change to say the Behaviour overview report it now states All Users - 100% Pageviews

What are you meaning when you say Google Properties?
Do you mean google search via the various google country domains? or web and image search.. or?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again Bronwyn,

I want to thank you first off for your time and help. Smiley Happy

I do notice the change that "all users" segment shows when displayed in the audience/behavior overviews. I added my own "all sessions" and I am guessing Google perhaps made changes? If anyone knows for a fact that this change has been made, I have not found it by looking...

The "Google property" segment displays web or image search... for example:

By choosing : acquisition --->search engine optimization----> landing pages
in one of my courses it shows that a secondary dimension called "Google property" and "country" exists, this "Google property" secondary segment shows Web, Image, Mobile (smartphone) etc...next to the landing pages. I only have the "country" segment

Im wondering if I am missing this "Google property" segment because it has something to do with my Google Search Console since that is where that particular data is coming from.

I know I can add segments and have (mostly advanced ones that are very useful in fact) but was wondering if there is a way to add this "Google property" segment and any other standard segments that usually come with GA, that I seem to be missing.

Thank you so much again!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avy G
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Avy G wrote:

By choosing : acquisition --->search engine optimization----> landing pages
in one of my courses it shows that a secondary dimension called "Google property" this secondary segment shows the landing pages with Google Property such as Web, Image, Mobile (smartphone) etc...

This has changed, they now only import data from web search so the Secondary Dimensions of Image, Video, Mobile etc are no longer imported into Google Analytics - you can still get that info from Webmaster Search Console instead if you log into there

Ref: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1308626?hl=en#LandingPages

The All Sessions segment has now been changed to All Users and has been that way for a little while now.