Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't find my account!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After logging into Google, I can't access my Google Analytics. I end up a page to set up a new account.  Should I simply set up a new Google analytics account or is there a way to find the original account?  Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can't find my account!!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathon,

When this happens, it means that you are not logged into the Google Account that controls the Google Analytics account. It could be that a friend, family or coworker used your computer and logged in with their account... or logged you out of your main one without you realizing it. Google Chrome allows multiple Google Account to be logged in at once. If you can log in with the account that manages the Google Analytics account, you will be back in. If you cannot do this, you are locked out. 

The thing with creating a new Google Analytics account is that the historic data will be lost, the tracking code will need to be changed on the website and you are starting off fresh from that day forward. If none of this matters to you, then creating a new account and starting over is the easiest course forward. 

You can attempt to recover the lost account, but the journey is not the easiest and not always successful. 

Kind Regards,

James