Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't add client to analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up analytics for my clients website - when I tried to add them as a user I received the following:

The specified account is being migrated. You may use this account instead: username%domainname.com@gtempaccount.com

I added google search console / google webmaster tools in google apps and analytics

Re: Can't add client to analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Holly,

That address format indicates the user's domain is in the processing of being activated on Google Apps for Business. Once activation is complete you can add them using user@domain.com.

Best,

-Caleb Whitmore

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Caleb

That doesn't seem right since this domain has had google apps since January 2013

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hmm, that's odd indeed. Not sure what to tell you on that one. Can you contact their domain admin?

-Caleb

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am the domain admin - not sure where to go from here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Perhaps that specific account on the domain is stuck in "migration" status. If the username (user@domain.com) was party to a Google account prior to the domain going to Apps, the user has to choose to migrate the Google Account into the domain, or change the associated email address. I suspect that case has not been addressed yet for that particular username. I went through this 6 years ago when I migrated my own domain to Google apps and I ended up changing my Google account to use a different email because I didn't want it integrated into the domain.

What happens if you try to login to google.com/accounts using the user@domain.com convention?

-Caleb