Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't access analytics on a site I had set up a few months ago.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble accessing analytics on a site I setup a few months ago. I can access the account and open analytics, but not on the site I had set up. 

How do I access analytics on the site I had set up before?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't access analytics on a site I had set up a few months ago.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Nanotech E,

When you visit Google Analytics, the website property you are wanting data for is not listed there? 

Do you have the Google Chrome extension, Google Tag Assistant? This tool will allow you to visit a website and see which tags (Adwords, Analytics, Conversion, etc.) and installed and their state of action. You can then compare the Analytics account to yours. 

Have you checked Google Search Console (old webmaster) for further help in the property? It can help you determine if you have access to the website property and/or by which email account. 

Please let us know if you need more help.

- James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After more work, I was able to access the analytics acct. However, I find most of this very confusing and difficult to understand. How to I speak to someone in person to get a walk thru?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Happy to hear that you have access now. 

Perhaps you would find Analytics Academy of use? It is free and really fast & easy to jump in.

And these two YouTube videos should find you well.

Google Analytics Tutorial for Beginners

How to Use Google Analytics - A Tutorial and Case Study

Hope this helps,

James