Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't access account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we have Analytics installed on our website www.absne.com. The account was setup by a web developer 5 years ago and we do not know who setup the account. We do however know the UA#. Is there anyway to access this account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't access account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Alan, how are things?

Since we are mostly volunteers and do not have access to users accounts, I'd definitely recommend that you get in touch with support to see if they can help you some how.

At the top right corner of this page you can do that:
https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906&contact=1

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have this same issue, please let me know if you find a solution!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Alan A

This has been covered very thoroughly here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...
By a Google Community Manager - so should be the real deal.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am the admin on a GA account that was set up years ago and worked uneventfully until just recently. I admit I haven't used it for a while. My last access was probably in late spring. Now, when I try to log into GA with my usual username/pw, I am being prompted to create a new account. GA no longer recognizes my email address. It is providing me with the tracking code for my site, but this code was already installed years ago when our website was updated. I have created a new account, but apparently without new tracking codes, GA can't find my website, and even if this can be made to work, I am likely to lose all my past data, which would be a big loss.

What do I have to do to get back to my old familiar GA dashboard?