Analytics
5.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can't Share Custom Channel Grouping with another Analytics View

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there,

I'm having a problem sharing a Custom Channel Grouping setup within Analytics with another view. 
If I go to Share, then select the option to share via a URL, when I copy and paste this in a new tab, and select the View that I want to share this custom grouping setup with, after clicking Create it re-loads the GA Admin view, but when I go into the channel groupings setting I only have the Default setup, not the new one.

I have admin permissions on both accounts so am unsure why there would be any issue.

Thanks for any help!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt, 

You need to use custom channel grouping to view it not channel groupings. Channel settings and custom channel settings appear under different tabs.

Thanks,

Adam

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adam,

Thanks for that. Is there no way that I can replicate Channel settings though - there was an option to share, so I imagined it would have been possible to replicate this to another GA view (aside from within the custom channel settings section).

Thanks,
Matt