Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can I set Google Analytics up for a website by inputting a GA code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Wondering if there is a way you can set Google Analytics up for a website by inputting a GA code, rather than having a GA code pop out when you enter a new website to track in Google Analytics? I've been searching for a while now and can't find anything to help me out, so any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah J
September 2016

Re: Can I set Google Analytics up for a website by inputting a GA code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah :-)
Not sure what you are meaning.
You cant add your own GA tracking ids when you add a website to Gogle Analytics to be tracked.
The tracking id is generated by the system and is what ties the tracking on the site.. to the reporting
in the Views of a GA Property.

Some types of site hosting etc.. just need you to enter the generated tracking id (UA#) rather than the whole tracking
code snippet.. and the hosting platform then takes care of entering the tracking code etc for you.

If you need further help please post back.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah J
September 2016

Re: Can I set Google Analytics up for a website by inputting a GA code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah :-)
Not sure what you are meaning.
You cant add your own GA tracking ids when you add a website to Gogle Analytics to be tracked.
The tracking id is generated by the system and is what ties the tracking on the site.. to the reporting
in the Views of a GA Property.

Some types of site hosting etc.. just need you to enter the generated tracking id (UA#) rather than the whole tracking
code snippet.. and the hosting platform then takes care of entering the tracking code etc for you.

If you need further help please post back.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here