Analytics
4.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Can I see analytics on my site from before the time I registered with Google Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had a Squarespace website for 4 years now. Unfortunately, I never implemented Google Analytics to my account. I've been using Squarespace's analytics this entire time. I just registered for Universal Analytics today and it has begun to track my traffic. However, I was wondering...since Google is so incredible at tracking internet activity....Is there any way that Universal Analytics could reach into my Squarespace analytics from the past 4 years and sync it up with universal analytics? Or could they just get the info from the web? 

Basically, I want to be able to see all my analytics from the start of my website and not just from today that I finally registered with Universal Analytics. 

Is this possible or just wishful thinking?

Re: Can I see analytics on my site from before the time I registered with Google Analytics?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I am afraid that is wishful thinking. Google Analytics works when a page with the tracking code sends the information to Google Analytics. While there are ways to integrate outside data into analytics, there is not a way to import old usage data.

If possible, I would export the usage data you have from Squarespace and keep it in excel. You can export Analytics reports to Excel and use the 2 files to compare the data.