Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Blank White Screen Signing In To Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have had no problems for a year. Suddenly I go to log in to analytics (NOT adwords) for the first time in a few weeks, I get a blank white screen. I havent changed anything that I do this entire time. I dumped cache/cookies, firewall/antivirus are no probs, I have not changed anything. Even the adblocker I use has always been there even when I could access before, so thats not the problem. I need to have this analytics working.

HELP

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
February

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Dear 12thBattalion,

I'm going to ignore your diatribe and attempt to give you an answer. I do not have a concrete resolution for your issue. I have not experienced it. I have not read about it. I have not even seen it (did you post a full-screen screenshot, by the way??). Since others have reported a similar issue as yours, then that probably means that it is widespread, and not localised to you and you alone. I would give it some time (a few days) to see if the problem persists. Also, you think that AdBlocker might not be the cause, but try to disable or remove it and try GA again. There have been issues with it in the past. That's my best answer and sorry you had to wait all of 48 hours for that (more on that later).

Second of all, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I gave myself the "expert" title ("self-titled", as you put it.) Like all other "experts" on this board, I earned that distinction by volunteering my time and knowledge to helping people out. None of us are getting paid for what we enjoy doing, and that includes helping those that may be impatient and rude. The real rewards for us are simply helping others. For myself, I help whenever I have free time to (which, by the way, is few and far between). You telling me to not "even bother" will not stop me from trying to help others.

Third of all, I have a busy life. I don't need to explain to you why I was busy these last 48 hours and why you had to wait (think 15-hr work days, long meetings, and a visit to the hospital ER).

Have a good day.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, 12thBattalion,

Are you able to post a full screenshot of what you're seeing? Have you tried this on other browsers?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Blank White Screen Signing In To Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having exactly the same issue on several devices. I'd send a screenshot but it's literally just white. Not just several devices, several networks, too. My work, home WiFi and mobile network. I've trying clearing cache, etc., but nothing resolves the problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having the same issue. The screen is entirely white...only the address bar is showing. Changing browsers does not help. Thoughts? Remedies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

wow i am sick to death of this. this kind of garbage is the reason i dont even want much of anything to do with the net. no one takes responsibility for the things they make (GOOGLE). some so called 'expert' comes on, asks a cpl questions, then doesnt reply any more. why even bother? and if you cant help, take that self-titled 'expert' off your name.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Bronwyn V (Top Contributor)
February

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Dear 12thBattalion,

I'm going to ignore your diatribe and attempt to give you an answer. I do not have a concrete resolution for your issue. I have not experienced it. I have not read about it. I have not even seen it (did you post a full-screen screenshot, by the way??). Since others have reported a similar issue as yours, then that probably means that it is widespread, and not localised to you and you alone. I would give it some time (a few days) to see if the problem persists. Also, you think that AdBlocker might not be the cause, but try to disable or remove it and try GA again. There have been issues with it in the past. That's my best answer and sorry you had to wait all of 48 hours for that (more on that later).

Second of all, I'm not sure where you got the idea that I gave myself the "expert" title ("self-titled", as you put it.) Like all other "experts" on this board, I earned that distinction by volunteering my time and knowledge to helping people out. None of us are getting paid for what we enjoy doing, and that includes helping those that may be impatient and rude. The real rewards for us are simply helping others. For myself, I help whenever I have free time to (which, by the way, is few and far between). You telling me to not "even bother" will not stop me from trying to help others.

Third of all, I have a busy life. I don't need to explain to you why I was busy these last 48 hours and why you had to wait (think 15-hr work days, long meetings, and a visit to the hospital ER).

Have a good day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this has been at least a month its been going on, maybe longer since i dont tend to check it every day or every week/few weeks. and the only reports on this i have found were from 2010-2012. i could not find any recently. there were apparently some simple fixes, but not all of them worked for everyone then, and none of them worked for me now, and STILL nothing definitive for everyone from either google themselves or any contributors. and what part of 'its a plain white screen' do you not understand? i even described exactly what it looks like, its plain white. why do you need a screenshot for that, does that confuse you?

as far as the title 'expert', with you having it i guess that goes to show how much talent has been placed on the heads of this forum (not as much as there should be) since it doesnt involve actual google employees who created the analytics page who would have in-depth knowledge, which is exactly what i was talking about. i have a well known website host actually recommending this garbage, but its useless. 2 accts, my old one that i dont use any more, and the one i have used for over a year now, are both like this.

i meet many people online who ask questions about things how you did; they have absolutely no knowledge on the subject but still insist on wanting the person who spoke up to make more of an effort to define the subject, more definition that they know could not possibly help the questioner understand the subject any more, but they still would like more information to justify a *shrug and/or an 'i dont know/cant help you' reply. theres not much more infuriating than that. in other words, if you have nothing to contribute, dont try.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

A few ppl have mentioned similar issues over the past week with ublock and adblock/adblock plus.
Unblocking https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/#?modal_active=none and https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ resolved the issue for them.

If it continues to cause you problems, you can submit a bug report here:
https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/list

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've investigated further and found that it's a recent update to the EasyPrivacy list in uBlock that's causing the problem. Disabling that list makes Analytics work fine again.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi, Paul S,

Good for you for figuring that out! That one's a new solution I have not heard of.