Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Bad Default URL- URL Corrected but not saving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I received a message indicating a Bad Default URL. I noticed a spelling mistake. I fixed the issue and clicked save. When I refresh or go back into the page, the original version (with the spelling mistake) is still present.

Any help?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bad Default URL- URL Corrected but not saving

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Are you able to pls take a screenshot.
Also when you go back to the page, are you using a book mark or something similar?
You may want to save the change, log out and clear your browser cookies and cache before revisiting the settings.
Also are you changing the default URL/website URL in both the Property Settings and any View Settings pages.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I'm not using a bookmark. I am just refreshing the page.

Yes, I have updated the URL in both sections but both fields keep reverting back to the original.

It says it's saving, but I' not sure if it is.

Thank you,

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I would make the changes and save them and then log out and clear cookies and cache before checking the settings page to see if the changes have been saved
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Bad Default URL- URL Corrected but not saving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer. That worked for me sadly. Poor quality work there.