Analytics
1.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Authorization failed: can't find the document

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I copied a previous website (or had help from my hosting company) into a new domain and changed some things. I then went to authorize the new site and when I start the Login Process, I get the message: Moved Temporarily Moved Temporarily The document has moved here.  So, I went to my Google Analytics account and just entered the website manually and got the UA code and then went back to Wordpress and entered the code manually but I don't think things are still working correctly. What do I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Authorization failed: can't find the document

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cathleen S,

You should download the free Google Chrome extension called Google Tag Assistant, which will allow you to verify which codes (tags) are firing. You can then match that info up with your Analytics account and determine which one is installed. If more than one shows up, you can pick which one is correct and delete the other code from the website in the WordPress admin panel.

This info will help you understand Tag Assistant and troubleshooting. 

Please let us know what you discover and how we can help further. 

Kind Regards,

James