Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Associating Analytics account with a different email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Sir / Madam,

I wish to *completely* disassociate a Google Analytics account with my personal email address (gmail) and to subsequently associate the Analytics account with a different gmail account. Why? I have sold my business and wish to keep my personal account and hand over the Analytics facility to the new owners, for whom I have created another gmail account.

I have, several times, searched on how to do this and tried several things but to no avail.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Kind Regards

Simon

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Associating Analytics account with a different email address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @tartanmachine,

Here is what I would suggest you try.  Create a new gmail that you will pass on to the new business owners.  Add that gmail as a full access user in analytics. Log into Analytics using that new account and then remove/delete your personal account from User Management in the Admin. 

Worth a shot.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thank you very much for your response.

I have tried something along the lines of your suggestions but had difficulty is completing. Would you mind outlining how your suggestions is actually achieved?

Gmail account for new owners already done - got that far.

Kind Regards
Tartanmachine

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tartanmachine,

Ok - So right now you have 1 analytics account and currently you personal@gmail.com is the admin.

Log into the Analytics account as personal@gmail.com and add your accountfornewowners@gmail.com as an admin to the Analytics account. Make sure you provide all priveleges, you need to check off all the boxes.

Once this is complete, you should have 2 admins with full access.

Then you log in as the accountfornewowners@gmail.com go to User Management and remove access for personal@gmail.com

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thanks, this works. Did Google make this easier to do recently? When I tried last time, it was, seemingly not possible.

Thank you very much for your help here.

Kind Regards
Simon

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Simon,

Not sure if it changed, we've used that basic idea in AdWords for as long as I can recall (and yes, at times has been very challenging) and I've definitely used it for Analytics in the past.

Glad it worked out for you!

-Tommy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thanks again! Good luck with whatever you do!

Cheers
Simon