Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Are Pinterest Boards URLs (created by personal and professional pinterest users) considered a PII

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this question is not for this board, but I couldn't find a better fit.

In short - the site visitors are filling out our website form with personal information and also with a Pinterest Board URL which they created.

We want to pass the Pinterest Board URL to Google Analytics via data variables.

Is this considered a PII? as they are indexed and searchable on Pinterest and Google also.

Some examples would be:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/181269953727047253/ , or

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/399553798173625856

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikola N
July 2016

Re: Are Pinterest Boards URLs (created by personal and professional pinterest users) considered a PI

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nikola,

I think that as along as you don't transfer any other personal data along with URL it shouldn't be considered as PII - especially that the URLs themselves do not contain any data that would allow Google to identify any individual.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikola N
July 2016

Re: Are Pinterest Boards URLs (created by personal and professional pinterest users) considered a PI

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nikola,

I think that as along as you don't transfer any other personal data along with URL it shouldn't be considered as PII - especially that the URLs themselves do not contain any data that would allow Google to identify any individual.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Olgierd!