AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Are GA accounts deleted if the Google account that created them is deleted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My organization has used Google for Business for our business productivity needs, such as Gmail for email, Google docs for document creation, etc. We are now migrating as an organization from Google products to Microsoft. (It's heartbreaking, believe me.)

As part of this process, it's my understanding that our business Google accounts will be deleted. We have created a variety of Google Analytics accounts prior to this migration with hundreds of properties within them, and I want to ensure we retain access to all of this after the migration.

I have already registered new Google accounts which are separate from those created via our Google for Business relationship, and have granted full GA rights to those new Google accounts for all of our GA accounts. These Google accounts will not be deleted as part of the migration, but the Google account that originally created all the GA accounts will be.

Will the GA accounts be deleted or become inaccessible when the Google account which created them is deleted? Or since there will be active Google accounts with continuing access, will the GA accounts remain?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author William S
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi William S,

Your new accounts will not be deleted or become inaccessible, and since you have already given them all full Admin rights, then you should be fine once the business accounts are removed.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author William S
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi William S,

Your new accounts will not be deleted or become inaccessible, and since you have already given them all full Admin rights, then you should be fine once the business accounts are removed.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found myself in a similar situation only the owner accidentally deleted the Goolge Business suite and included one of the emails I used to setup the Adwords Account. Is it recoverable ??