Analytics
3.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Anyone else having a missing data issue on 8/10?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a site in my Analytics dashboard that usually averages around 2,000 visits from organic search on weekdays, and anywhere from 2,800 to 3,500 total visits on an average weekday.

On Wednesday night around 11:30pm PST, I checked the Analytics totals for that day, and organic search was normal at just over 2,000 visits, and overall traffic was around 3,100 or 3,200 visits.

Strangely when I looked at the reports yesterday (and again today) 8/10 is showing only 1,372 sessions from organic search, and just over 2,000 overall.

Is it possible that there is some kind of a bug or data outage with Analytics from 8/10 that might be restored or fixed? The site had no downtime that day, and it seems very odd that the traffic totals were normal on 8/10 at 11:30p and then suddenly dropped off by Thursday morning.

For what it's worth, traffic levels are totally normal for yesterday and so far today, which further suggests there may be an issue with 8/10's data.

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

- Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Anyone else having a missing data issue on 8/10?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

There was a post here about missing data on the 9th here on the forums:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Reports/Error-Google-Analytics-not-showing-data-for-9th-Au...
I also found this issue on two properties I manage. It seems that the problem was at Google's end, I'm not sure if the missing data will be restored.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Anyone else having a missing data issue on 8/10?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you for the input Arnold. I will hold off on marking this thread as "resolved" for now, just because I would like to see some official confirmation on someone from Google on this issue (ideally). If the data is gone forever, that is unfortunate, but I will mark an annotation in Analytics and move forward. However, if there is a chance that the data may be restored, I'd love to know about it, and I will hold off on manually editing the data on my end.