Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Any way to access prior data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am totally new to GA. I just created a GA account recently, but I found I couldn't see data prior to the date i created the account. Any way to solve it? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fan L
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Google analytics does not provide historical data prior to the time its created and code is installed on a site.

The only other option would be to check the website server logs if your site host allows access to them

Thanks
Bronwyn

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Any way to access prior data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks so much! Does "access" mean the site host has to give me all the access like "managing users, edit, collaborate, read and analyze"?

Thank you,

Fan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

No, site server logs are nothing to do with analytics, all servers have server logs.. however not all site hosting provides access to the to data from the site server logs.

As far as google analytics goes, there is no analytics data before a person creates an account and then installs the tracking to their website

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

you can try free website statistics like www.alexa.com

Re: Any way to access prior data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you!