Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics stopped tracking yesterday (12.29.15)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the story:

I noticed a spam referral URL hit my site yesterday....(receiving traffic through my dashboard correctly)...I copy the referring URL and add it to my exclude list of filters, as usual...added it to my htaaccess file...(GA still tracks, real-time, etc.).

I do some research into other Analytic providers (Kissmetrics, Segment). I set up a free account for both tools.

For some reason, when I placed the Kissmetrics and Segment tracking script into my header. I no longer have Google analytics tracking my site. (yes the GA script is still there).

I immediately removed both third party scripts. I removed the referral URL filter. No additional code is remaining. only the GA script.(Yes, I got a fresh copy of the script from my GA admin panel). No admin views have been altered I still do not have analytics tracking my site. I have other sites within the same admin panel, and they track perfectly fine.

Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get my GA back on track?

Thanks

Josh

Miller Weisbrod, LLP

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cheryl H
December 2015

Re: Analytics stopped tracking yesterday (12.29.15)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solution:
If you have made ANY Exclude Filters....make sure they are formatted correctly. (syntax)

This can disable all traffic data to your dashboard.