Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics showing realtime but not historical data from past two days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I go into Google Analytics, it shows that we have active users in realtime but when I go to audience there are 0 sessions showing for the past two days. I added some filters yesterday, trying to filter out spam but have already deleted what I added yesterday and it still isn't showing any changes. Other than that, I added a segmentation view filtering out the historical data of those spam domains, but even in the All sessions segment I am showing 0 sessions. Those are the only things that I have changed since the issues have started.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author RollandSafe
November 2015

Re: Analytics showing realtime but not historical data from past two d

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rolland,

It takes time for the filters to take effect (as much as 24 hours), I'd suggest you to wait, if you have no active filters that can cause all data to be filtered out you should see historical data again soon.
I'd recommend you to verify your filters before applying them so you can preview the effects on your data. Also it's a good practice setting up the filters on a test view first and to apply them on your main view when you're satisfied with the results. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anrnold,
I've got excatly the same problem: visits shown in realtime, but not later in the session. I've just got one filter for my IP - stats 2 days ago seems to be ok.
BR,
Aage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are seeing a similar problem where we are seeing active users, but our sessions are showing as 0. We had this happen a couple days ago and then later the data seemed to appear. It is now happening again. We have not added any filters... is there a particular reason this would be happening?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could it be spam/bot visitors filtered automatic by GA?