Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics seems to have stopped working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello everyone, I got an huge decrease of my website sessions from the start of this year. I mean, from jun 2016 to dec 2016 i got around 1000 sessions but from jan 2017 to mar 2017 i got just 16. This could be "normal", maybe people just stopped to buy in my website but the data of Analytics doesn't match with the reports from the e-commerce that shows an increase of the logged users and sales. Is there anyone who experienced something similar? Thanks in advance for your time, Matt

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eberlin,

Use http://www.gachecker.com/ to check all your pages still have the correct code installed.

Also use tag assistant to check for any issues which might have arisen since end of last year.

Thanks,
A

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam,

thank for answer;

i checked the website using gachecker.com and it shows a green tick in the global analytics column for all the pages.

Then i added an additional JS script (GA one) to the website and it seems to record again from yesterday.

From a quick view what seems to be happened is that GA removed all UK visitors from its records, this is why i experienced a huge decrease of traffic. What concern me is that it does this from a day to an other with no reasonable reasons.

My question is: there is a way to understand if maybe the data from jan 17 to mar 17 are been stored somewhere?

thanks again for your answer,
Matt