Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not working with new Squarespace website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently built a website with Squarespace, it went live yesterday. I have copied and pasted the Google Analytics UA number in to the Squarespace Google Analytics account number box and saved/ refreshed the details but I do not seem to be getting any data, I have tried logging in and out on devices and checked real time analytics but can not see any activity... any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics not working with new Squarespace website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Essential first step is to use the Chrome browser and add in Tag Assistant from Google: https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947093?hl=en This will confirm if the GA snippet is being generated by Squarespace and if so, if there are any install problems.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Kickstart N,
I have seen UA code on the site right away, seconds upon pasting GA code. Check source code of the page by right clicking on the page and selecting "view page source," which will open another browser window. In that browser winder search for "UA." You should see the code on the page. It believe it may take 24 hours to see GA data.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Kickstart N wrote:

I have recently built a website with Squarespace, it went live yesterday. I have copied and pasted the Google Analytics UA number in to the Squarespace Google Analytics account number box and saved/ refreshed the details but I do not seem to be getting any data, I have tried logging in and out on devices and checked real time analytics but can not see any activity... any ideas?

@Kickstart N, Squarespace's search function has been terrible in my experience, but you can find the littles of details and troubleshoot in minutes by searching for your specific issue on google.com. Just be sure to mention the name of your template, the word squarespace, and define the issue. For instance, see the first link that would come up to the following query for your answer:

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 21.06.59.png

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.