Analytics
3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics not tracking adwords sessions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Ever since the latest Adwords update on the 16th August, my data on Google Analytics has stopped showing session data for all Adwords traffic - instead they all feature under Channel Grouping "(Other)" and source "(not set)". However, I'm still obtaining relevant data as Clicks but nothing as sessions. This ruins our Top-Conversion paths reports and attribution data.

Has anyone else encountered such an issue since then? If yes, how did you tackle it?

Thank you for your time.

Arvind Tacouri

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics not tracking adwords sessions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can you elaborate what do you mean by "the latest Aug 16th AdWords update"?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here goes
"After August 16, 2016, new AdWords accounts will include cross-device conversions in the Conversions column as the default."
https://adwords.googleblog.com/2016/07/automatically-counting-cross-device-conversions.html

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The change is not applied yet on existing accounts, so the issue should be looked somewhere else.....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe the issue is not with the update, but it is still very present, and it would seem it has been resolved without anyone taking notice. But the graphs have already been altered as seen below.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.47.29 AM.png

The orange graph line represents Paid Sessions while the blue one represents the total number of sessions. There has been no change in the total because the missing paid sessions were logged as (other) results.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Arvind!
I have the same problem the same date exactly, 16th on August.
Could you resolve it or not yet?

Regards!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ahoy Carles,
I think this must have been an (screwed up) update on Google Adwords' side which they rectified within those 2 days. However, this has already messed up our data.