Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics newbie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed up for analytics for a  new wordpress page i'm testing out  -only to find out that it is only available for a paid upgrade (thanks guys for letting me know in advance)

I have same site as also  a google blog - but there seems to be no edit facility to delete WordPress one and replace with google blog.So do i have to register again for the google blog?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics newbie

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi tali4560 - are you able to pls provide more information - not sure what you are meaning about analytics only being available for a paid upgrade?
Google Analytics standard is free.

I'm also not understanding the following -
I have same site as also a google blog - but there seems to be no edit facility to delete WordPress one and replace with google blog.So do i have to register again for the google blog?
Who is your site hosted by?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it's okay i managed to add my google blog site.
Google Analytics standard is free but i was under impression that it required paid upgrade from wordpress
My next task is to configure the mysteries of Universal Analytics and Tag Manager.Every add on seems to require another add on

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
To the best of my knowledge free wordpress.com does not support google analytics as they do not allow the addition of javascript
That is to do with conditions of use etc regarding wordpress.com though.. nothing to do with google.
I do not know if wordpress.com offers the ability to use google analytics via any of their paid options.

If you install WordPress from WordPress.org (which is free) on your own site hosting, then you will have the ability to use google analytics.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
If you are installing Google Analytics onto Google blogger then it does not require any addons to do so,
Same applies to Google Tag Manager, however if you will only install one or the other .. not both.

If you install Google Tag Manager, then Google Analytics will be added and configured via the Google Tag Manager console.

On blogger..to install GTM, you will need to edit the html template..
and add the GTM container code just after the opening <body> tag.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have added added the GTM code -whether it is in right place i have not a clue as despite re reading several times over i 'm getting different info from different places.
Also , i believe GTM container code is supposed to be installed on every page - but my blog does not seem to have pages per se -so do iinstall it on every article?
And it seems GTM for wordpress is far more complex

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

To install Google Tag Manager to a self-hosted wordpress site, I strongly recommend using a plugin such as the following
https://wordpress.org/plugins/duracelltomi-google-tag-manager/

Please bare in mind, if you need assistance with the plugin you will need to seek help via the plugin creator
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/duracelltomi-google-tag-manager