Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics is only tracking my homepage! Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awhile back I set up an Adwords Express ad which apparently also activated Analytics. The problem is that Analytics is only tracking my homepage. I also seem to be getting a bunch of spam referrals and none of the actual traffic to my homepage. How do I go about resetting the analytics to track my whole site?  Anything I can do about spam referrals?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics is only tracking my homepage! Help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For spam referrals:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Reports/How-to-stop-direct-fake-traffic/m...

I'm not familiar with AdWords Express what what comes with the package but it would be kind of strange if it would make this one page analytics installation... Anyway you need a tracking code placed on every page. You can find it by logging in to your Google Analytics -> Admin -> Property (Middle column) -> Tracking Info -> Tracking code

Place this code before </head> in your source code. Depending on your CMS (if any) this can be easy peasy or little challenging.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible