Analytics
6.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics is only tracking my homepage! Help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awhile back I set up an Adwords Express ad which apparently also activated Analytics. The problem is that Analytics is only tracking my homepage. I also seem to be getting a bunch of spam referrals and none of the actual traffic to my homepage. How do I go about resetting the analytics to track my whole site?  Anything I can do about spam referrals?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Analytics is only tracking my homepage! Help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

For spam referrals:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-Analytics-Reports/How-to-stop-direct-fake-traffic/m...

I'm not familiar with AdWords Express what what comes with the package but it would be kind of strange if it would make this one page analytics installation... Anyway you need a tracking code placed on every page. You can find it by logging in to your Google Analytics -> Admin -> Property (Middle column) -> Tracking Info -> Tracking code

Place this code before </head> in your source code. Depending on your CMS (if any) this can be easy peasy or little challenging.

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.