Analytics
4.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics is not showing any website hits but I know people have visited my site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently set up Analytics and it shows NO hits on my website, even though I have put my tracking ID In Squarespace and have the correct URL in Analytics. Can anyone help pls?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics is not showing any website hits but I know people have visited my site.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Linzi :-)
Has it been more than 48hrs since you set this up?
Assuming there are no filters applied to the View in the GA Interface,
are you able to browse the site and see your own visit data in the real time reports
in analytics?
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Analytics is not showing any website hits but I know people have visited my site.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn - thank you so much for replying! It has been 48 hours since I set it up, but I do have a filter for my own IP address only. People arrived at my site through a Mailchimp message I sent out, but none of them have shown up. So annoying! Any ideas? Thanks again Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Usual best practice is to keep one analytics View without any filters applied to it at all times..
This way you will always have a completely unedited set of data should it be needed at any stage.

I'm not quite understanding what you mean by the following:
People arrived at my site through a Mailchimp message I sent out, but none of them have shown up.

When did they mailchimp message go out?
Also, are you using campaign tagging on links in the email that take ppl back to your website?

eta - also are you able to pls provide the url of your website? 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here