Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics for a client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm designing a website for a client and am unclear exactly how to set up the Analytics for her, in her name and Google account, not mine. For instance, site name is: abc.com. So do I set up a google account in her name? I'm guessing she probably already has a Google account as most people do. I need access to the Analytics and obviously don't want access to all of her personal Google stuff. So do I set up another account in her name and then set up Analytics for the website (abc.com) and grant myself access? So confused. Any help is appreciated. I've read the articles and still unclear.

Re: Analytics for a client

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robin,

It would be better if she creates the GA account herself but you can create the GA account yourself and then give her Admin access to it and then you can remove yourself later in the Account > User Management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Would she be able to see my personal stuff? And shouldn't she be the owner not met? Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Robin,

Nope she won't see your personal details because she will only have access to the GA account. Basically you are just passing off the account that you've created to her email address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But to be clear you think the best way to do it is to have her create it under her Google account and give me access to the GA. Is that accurate?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yep, that's correct and to only give you Edit, Collaborate and Read & Analyze access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much