Analytics
2.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics dead after clearing cache

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hoping you folks can help. At my wits end here.

I run two websites: my personal one, and my business one. Both have been hooked up to GA and working fine for over a year. 

Recently, I cleared my browser cache (Chrome) and reset my history. When I logged back in, my personal site analytics were fine...but my business ones were not. Everything was displaying zero data.

My colleagues, who work remotely, report that the analytics are working fine for them - meaning it's an issue my end, with my browser and my account. Completely confused as to what it might be. It's not a view or a property problem, both of which are unchanged from before, and my account name is unchanged. 

I used Tag Assistant, which tells me that there are no tags on my site - very bizarre, as colleagues are reporting the analytics is working fine on their end. Obviously the tags are still there, but my browser (and others on my Mac) are refusing to recognise them. I've also tried in incognito mode.

The only thing I can think of is that we recently moved the site to HTTPS - but that happened before this issue occurred, and analytics were working fine. The issue only arose when I cleared my browser cache. (I use Google Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 64-bit)

Would be grateful for any help. Feeling very stupid here. Also, when replying, please assume I'm an idiot and need basic things explained! Many thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob B
June 2017

Re: Analytics dead after clearing cache

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thank you, i appreciate you doing that for me :-)

The tracking code installed on the website is for a different GA Property than the one provided in your screenshot

The tracking code on the site is for Property UA-46602704-1, this can be confirmed by both viewing the site source code via browser and via google tag assistant

mismatch.jpg

You will need to ask whoever has administrative access to the GA Account and Property that is installed on the website, to add you as a user with whatever permissions are required.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

can you please give the urls of your personal and business site, it will allow one of us to check both sites for possible issues that may be impacting on other 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks Bronwyn!

Personal: robboffard.com

Business: themasterswitch.com

Despite my Tag Assistant saying there are no tags, my remote colleagues report their analytics for themasterswitch.com are working fine.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry if this seems tedious, are you able to please take a screenshot of the GA Property Settings page that includes the tracking id

Also, when logged in and viewing the standard reports for themasterswitch.com, if you go to the Audience > Overview report and ensure the date range at the upper right is set to the last 30 days.. 
If you then click the blue Refresh Report link at the lower right of the report table, does the data appear?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 13.08.33.jpg

There you go. And yeah, the date range is good :-) Thank you!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rob B
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thank you, i appreciate you doing that for me :-)

The tracking code installed on the website is for a different GA Property than the one provided in your screenshot

The tracking code on the site is for Property UA-46602704-1, this can be confirmed by both viewing the site source code via browser and via google tag assistant

mismatch.jpg

You will need to ask whoever has administrative access to the GA Account and Property that is installed on the website, to add you as a user with whatever permissions are required.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are the best. Thank you!