Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics data recovery

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

first I want to apologize for my poor English writing skills. 

Introduction:

I have created an account for my website but when I decided to add some filters to the data, analytics decided to filter all the data out the incoming analytics data. Luckily we just made a second view to ensure all incoming data. Sadly we tried the filters on the "live" view. So my question is if it is possible to export the period of missing data to the "live" view. to get a view of all data at once. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics data recovery

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Dion, how are things?

Filter application and View creation consider only the data from that point forward. Unfortunately it's not possible to recover past data on a brand new View, for instance.

As good practices, It's always important to have a full complete View, without any type of filters for you to have to full scenario of your website, and then create the filtered views.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sad to hear but thank you very much for your help. One futher question: I have a second view which includes the data which is missing in view one. But this "back-up" view only starts recently. Any tips to get the maximum out of the spreaded data. Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Dion, I didn't quite understand what do you mean by "get the maximum out of the spreaded data". Can you give an example?

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dion - best practice is to have a "raw/unfiltered" view where you don't apply any filters. From what I read, it seems you have it.
And my understanding is you have applied a filter on your live view which caused some data to be lost.
Although you won't be able to recover the data and put it back into your "live" view, using something like Analytics Canvas would allow you to extract data from both views, and through some logic, combine the data just for the missing part and output to Excel, SQL or Tableau. This would be a reasonable workaround.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have two different views. One has been launched since the start of the account and misses 1 month of data. The other view starts a month or 3 ago and contains all data from that moment. Is there a way to combine views or something when doing analyses ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks. this helps me very much Stéphane H.

And what you said is completely right.