Analytics
2.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics adds wrong email when adding user via User Management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to add a user to an Analytics account via the 'User Management' page, upon doing so I enter the email address of the user, when I click 'Add' it adds the user but with a different email address to the one I am entering.

I have recently amended this users email address in Google Apps (G Suite), I am entering the new email address but the old one is appearing.

What's more once the old email address is added, if I then try again to enter the new one, it says that the email address is already added.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Is the different email address that is coming up associated with a different google account/service they use such as gmail or similar?

eta.. Also incase not already done. i will also suggest logging out and clearing all cookies and cache then trying again.

I think asking on the GSuite help forum may help you, because it sounds like there may be some kind of account conflict occuring

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No the email address isn't.

I have had to ask on Google Apps/Suite support as there doesn't appear to be any non-paid Analytics support in the UK by email/phone - if there is then the link for it must be deep!

They have suggested that it may be because the new email address needs to propagate, so I will retry tomorrow.

Otherwise I don't know what I could do.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

if allowing time to propogate and clearing all cookies and cache doesnt work.. 

what if for testing purposes you add another user.. similar name. and create a new similar email address

with no associations to the original user.. and then try adding that.
If that works, then maybe you could ask the original user to change over to using the new one?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here