Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics acting as though I lack permissions on accounts I created

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have come across a serious error in my Google Analytics account that is preventing me linking with Search Console.

I am listed as having Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate, Read & Analyze permissions on my account at the Account Level, the Property Level, and the View Level. However, when I attempt to link an individual property to Search Console, when I click the "Edit" button I am taken to a page that says "You do not have Edit permissions to this Google Analytics property"!

My account, listed with full permissions:

The screen I go to edit the Search Console link, where I click "Edit":

The screen I get taken to in Search Console:

This is happening across every single Analytics account under my control.

Even more strangely, if I give full access to any of my colleagues, they are able to go in and add the Search Console link without any issues at all. So I'm able to grant full access, but then I'm not being treated like I have full access myself!

I've created all my accounts from scratch, so it is incredibly annoying that I am suddenly being treated like I lack permissions. This is also creating issues linking to the third party software we use to send traffic reports to clients (it refuses to link to my accounts because it doesn't believe I own them).

I require urgent assistance from someone in the Google team to address this issue asap, as this issue has debilitated my account.

Thanks.

Re: Analytics acting as though I lack permissions on accounts I created

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Amber,

Link via the Property Settings rather than the Product Linking. You will have a button towards the bottom of this page which will assist you in the linking of the Search Console.

Best of luck, let me know if it doesn't work.

Cheers 

Re: Analytics acting as though I lack permissions on accounts I created

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Paul!