Analytics
1.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics account missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I attempted to log into my Analytic account and the website prompts me to Start using Google Analytics rather then allowing me to log in.  It almost seems that my account has gone missing.  My Google account is still active, G+ page shows our website is still linked and the tracking code is inserted on my web pages.  What gives?  I don't want to sign up, I want to access my Analytics data.  I admit that I have not logged in for a few months but I would think that shouldn't matter.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl M
November 2015

Re: Analytics account missing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I am able to gain access now. Had a small brain aneurysm and going to fast. All is good.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl M
November 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I am able to gain access now. Had a small brain aneurysm and going to fast. All is good.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem. I have contacted many departments of Google but no one knows how to directly contact google analytics. I have been threw several rounds of google technicians that all eventually confess "This is beyond my scope" then they send me links that lead no where. The technicians say tat when they call the analytics department they need a (10) digit customer # but the only way to get this number is to log onto your analytics page. This has become a vicious circle

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Morgan,

account access, especially lost ones have been a tough cookie from the beginning of GA. I have had few cases where admin account information has been lost and somebody somewhere has deleted access of the current user... Lost all those cases.

If you have a Google AdWords account linked to that Google Analytics account and you have administrative role in that AdWords account you can try claiming ownership and restore your access to Google Analytics account. Without that the best answer I could get was that Google will send email to all administrators in the Google Analytics account but if there's no one to pick it up...

So let's hope that this is a temporary case of mixed bytes and you'll get your access back sooner or later.

BTW Did you have any Google Apps migrations or anything else Google Account related activity in the same time when you lost access?
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Antti N

I know this is an old thread, but when we migrated data after switching to Gsuite, Analytics data disappeared for one of our accounts. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You should find account that has something like @gtempaccount.com and try to log in with that (You can try replacing your domain part with @gtempaccount.com to see if it works, it has been so long since i last time worked these cases) Then if that has admin privileges you can add the current account. If that does not work you have to contact Google support (either GSuite or Google Adwords if you use that) to resolve the account issue.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Worked like a charm! Thank you!