Analytics
1.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics account cleanup

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

I've recently joined a company and one of the things I want/need to do is a solid and well-done cleanup of the whole Analytics account that looks quite messy at the moment.

Since I don't know where to start from, do you have any tips and best practices to share that could be useful?

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aldo,

What do you mean by account clean up? Do you want to hide all the data or remove all the data?

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

There are a lot of properties and views, conversions tracking etc.
Just trying to clear my mind on what should be the best solution to have a clear picture of everything.

Basically I need to re-organise everything

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

If there are lot of properties that means there are lot of websites or different property for same website like one for http and one for https if that is the case you can remove which is not in use.

In case of view you have to go and check which views you needed and delete rest of them but never delete unfiltered view.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a follow-up question related to this. We have been running analytics for 4 years on a site which we have revamped as of today. I would like to keep the analytics data we have seen over the last few years, but also create a new instance that tracks data only as of the new site. Can this be done in the same account or do we need to set up a new account to track?

To clarify, I know we can simply change the date range to view different data, but this does not eliminate previous unique clicks. We want new clicks on the new site to be considered unique.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Fractal A

The best way will be to have a new tracking code associate to your account GA. 

After you will have to change your script GA in your website.