Analytics
2.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Stopped Recording - Shows 0 Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My analytics has stopped working throughout the day for the past week. For a number of hours it will show 0 traffic in the audience overview report but the realtime does show that people are on the site.

My dev team say there are no issues with the analytics in terms of its set up - Is there a Google bug going on?

Any advice appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mia :-)
24-48hrs processing latency is regarded as quite normal and not an issue.
Often you will get data on the current day however its not a 'given'.

Accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to analytics will also result in reports only being refreshed once per day

More info on this can be found in the help docs

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en#DataProcessingLatency

and the dev docs

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/limits-quotas

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Thanks for replying but this is most definetely an issue. Traffic shows as 0 for hours and then  comes back, it makes it almost impossible to make daily Marketing decisions on our traffic. This has never happened to us before and we've been running for 10 years. 

Seems particularly odd that for 10 years it has been guaranteed not 'given' we do not have over 200k daily sessions either

Re: Analytics Stopped Recording - Shows 0 Traffic

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I dont work for google, this is a user to user forum for the most part.

If you are using the GA Standard (free version) of analytics, there is no guarantee offered regarding data freshness in relation to intraday or daily processing.

processing.jpg

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7084038?hl=en&ref_topic=2430414

If you use Adwords, you could maybe contact Adwords Support about it, they do offer some analytics support to Adwords customers.
They may be able to offer some further insight, or look into the possibility of there being a bug in the reporting behaviour.

If you are an Analytics 360 customer, then you may want to reach out to your dedicated support contact.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks am mostly interested if other people are experiencing this issue at the same time as us, because as I said it hasn't ever happened before in 10 years. 

Will look into 360 thanks