Analytics
3.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Overview Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I wonder if someone could help please. On my Overview page in the real time Pageviews, every time someone clicks on a page it shows as 2 clicks in the Pageviews screen so I'm not getting a true figure on page views. Can someone tell me why this is so. I'm new to this so not clued up, sorry.

Thanks for any help. Terry.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Terry,

It can happen that you are tracking duplicate pageviews. Please install the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension and check what is happening on the site:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Let me know what you find.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will give it a go. Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your help. I had one or two problems with tag manager as I'm not too good with programming. I ended up getting 3 showing for one click in the Overview page real time Page views, so I have removed it for now. What I did was go through my plugins and disabled the ones I thought might be the cause, and found that Google Analytics Dashboard for W/P was causing the problem. So I now have it disabled. Do you know of another good plugin that's similar as I did like to see how my site was going daily. Thanks again, very much appreciated. Terry.