Analytics
5.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Data Disappeared?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I checked our GA account and noticed all of our data starting May 8, 2017 is missing even though I know there's been traffic activity since that date. As I'm looking on our website, I can't find the tracking code anywhere. Did the tracking code drop? Did the data get deleted? I sent a notification to check code implementation but I'm confused about how this happened and need to 1. recover this user data and 2. ensure the tracking code is active on our website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tyler F

Welcome to the Analytics Solutions Community.
For the most part this is a user to user community..the community guidelines may seem rather longish but are a highly recommended read!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you sent a notification to check the code implementation.. who was this sent to?

Usually if the tracking code gets removed from your site (due to a website update or similar) the tracking data is not recoverable for that period of time.

How have you added the tracking code to your website in the past?
Also your website would be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tlyer!

Good day.

If you were right that all of your data is missing from May 8, 2017 then it might be a proof that your GA tracking code were removed from your website. Hence, if the GA code were dropped since May 8, 2017 then you can't recover any data from the given date. I suggest to talk to your developers since you cant see nor detect your GA tracking code.